Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Finally, Flickr Gets Back in The Game

I've been a Flickr user since 2005, and lately have been wondering if it's time to jump ship. For one thing, I can NEVER remember my damn Yahoo! login that they make me ever since they've been sold, so I can really only access Flickr on a computer that has me continually logged in, but also because I haven't seen them really innovating or doing anything different to make it as user friendly as other photo apps, up to and including Facebook.

So I'm pretty happy to hear from TechCrunch that Flickr and Twitter are linking up (or, "sucking face", as they would say). From their release:

In addition to email uploads, Flickr now lets you Tweet out any photos directly from the site. After linking your accounts, whenever you click on the “Blog this” button on any photo on Flickr, your Twitter account will be one of the distribution options. This works for both photos you’ve uploaded and other photos you find on the site.

Yay! Flickr just got relevant again. Cool.

No comments: