Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Search for Self Called Off After 38 Years

I’m totally stealing that Onion Headline for The Boss’ birthday post, given that yesterday was his 38th birthday. Of course, the Onion article is all about the negative things, whereas I think Mike can call off his search because he, at last, has ME, and really, what else do you need? Right? RIGHT? :::Crickets::

Oh fine. He has Moose too. And a really awesome daughter:


Because I am a huge dork, I totally made everyone wear stupid birthday hats and Moose and I sang to the Boss and did I mention that we did all of this at 5am? Because we did. It would have been nice to celebrate later, but SOMEONE, not naming names (MOOSEahemMOOSE), decided to whine and bark and be restless and loud. At 5am.

The Boss got a label maker for his birthday, and while I know that sounds excessively lame, I assure you he was thrilled to receive it. Upon putting it together he immediately printed up a label that said “WIFE” and put it on my chest.

Other things that were labeled yesterday:

- The remote (Label: “Remote”)
- The label maker (Label: “Label Maker”)
- Moose’s ball sack (Label: “Empty”)

- Assorted other objects and in all fairness I should point out that I was doing most of the labeling with the Boss running around behind me going “Seriously? Baby, quit it!”

Have I mentioned that we are dorks?

Anyway, it was great to celebrate the Boss’s birthday this year. Last year he had just returned from Iraq and we were celebrating the end of a year apart; this year we were celebrating a year together. Just as it should be.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awesome blog. Thanks for making me laugh. :)
And I fucking LOVE that Onion headline. LOL!!