Monday, October 13, 2008

Tour de Awesome





Well, after last week's bitch and moan session, I then went on to have one of my favorite days in recent memory. I headed out to Maryland's Western Shore for a supported Century (100 miles) bike ride. This is about an hour away from DC but is basically a totally different planet -- completely rural, totally beautiful. And hilly. Lord, was it hilly.

Anyway, about 8 or so DC Tri club people all converged at 8am to tackle the 100, with a few people going the 60 or 80 mile routes. Amazing to me how having company for these long rides make the hours just melt away. It was a gorgeous fall day, the scenery was beautiful, the company great. I felt in a great mood the entire day, despite the fact that it was 6 hours of relentless cycling. This ride was a huge confidence booster for the upcoming Ironman, in addition to be a really pleasant way to socialize with my friends. It was a perfect day.

2 comments:

cicadalady said...

i am in awe of all of your training! you are awesome!

Liz said...

Aww, thanks Kita! It's been overwhelming but mostly fun. I'm sure I'll sleep for about two months when it's done ... :)